Have you caused a DUI-related car crash?
Vehicular manslaughter and DUI with injury are serious, criminal offenses. In San Fernando Valley, California, if you are involved in a car accident and charged with either one, you can face anywhere from 3 to 6 years in prison. If jumps up to 4 to 10 years if the accident results in someone's death.
Penalties for DUI with Injury Penalties
In the state of California, any accident that involves someone driving under the influence carries very strict penalties, especially if someone dies as a result. You will need to hire a DUI attorney that has an abundance of resources at their disposal to adequately defend you and protect your rights.
Specific penalties for a DUI auto accident are as follows:
- DUI Misdemeanor w/Injury: Up to 1 year in state penitentiary, in addition to all DUI penalties
- DUI Felony w/Injury: Up to 3 years in state penitentiary, in addition to all DUI penalties. For each person who is injured in the accident, another year will be added to the sentence
- DUI Causing Great Bodily Injury: 3 years in state penitentiary, along with all DUI w/Injury sentence (total of 6 possible years in state prison)
- Vehicular Manslaughter: Up to 4 years in state penitentiary
- Vehicular Manslaughter w/Gross Negligence: Possibility of up to 10 years in the state penitentiary
Free Consultation 818-582-2350