Have you caused a DUI-related car crash?
Vehicular manslaughter and DUI with injury are serious, criminal offenses. In San Fernando Valley, California, if you are involved in a car accident and charged with either one, you can face anywhere from 3 to 6 years in prison. If jumps up to 4 to 10 years if the accident results in someone's death.
Penalties for DUI with Injury Penalties
In the state of California, any accident that involves someone driving under the influence carries very strict penalties, especially if someone dies as a result. You will need to hire a DUI attorney that has an abundance of resources at their disposal to adequately defend you and protect your rights.
Specific penalties for a DUI auto accident are as follows:
- DUI Misdemeanor w/Injury: Up to 1 year in state penitentiary, in addition to all DUI penalties
- DUI Felony w/Injury: Up to 3 years in state penitentiary, in addition to all DUI penalties. For each person who is injured in the accident, another year will be added to the sentence
- DUI Causing Great Bodily Injury: 3 years in state penitentiary, along with all DUI w/Injury sentence (total of 6 possible years in state prison)
- Vehicular Manslaughter: Up to 4 years in state penitentiary
- Vehicular Manslaughter w/Gross Negligence: Possibility of up to 10 years in the state penitentiary
Serious Defense for Serious DUI Charges in San Fernando Valley
The attorneys at Ross Howell Sobel have the ability to provide you with the best possible criminal defense in an effort to avoid a conviction. We have seen people who were accused of a DUI just because they had been drinking and driving; many without any outward signs of impairment. We firmly believe in protecting our clients' rights. We will do whatever we can to provide them with a defense strategy that is both effective and accurate.
Request a Free Case Evaluation by Calling Now
If you have been involved in a DUI accident and the prosecution is claiming that you are responsible, it is extremely important that you hire a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. By contacting the Law Offices of Ross Howell Sobel, you will have an attorney by your side immediately. While the prosecutor will be doing everything possible to obtain a conviction, our attorney will be working diligently to make sure you have a compelling defense that protects your rights.
The Law Offices of Ross Howell Sobel has several resources at their disposal that can be used to find the necessary evidence we need to adequately defend your case. Contact our offices today if you have been charged with any type of DUI or DUID case. You will receive a free consultation and advise on how to best proceed with your case. Your attorney will go over several options with you to find the one that best suits your needs.