Van Nuys DUI Attorney
If you have been arrested for DUI in Van Nuys, California, you could be facing serious consequences including jail time and loss of license if you are convicted. If you are facing charges of this nature, it is highly recommended that you consult with a proven and trusted DUI attorney with experience working in the area.
The Law Office of Ross H. Sobel can help you if you have been charged with DUI in Van Nuys. Attorney Ross Sobel has a proven track record of getting defendants in the area favorable outcomes in felony and misdemeanor cases and can help you get the same.
Located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley, Van Nuys is a hub of significant business and entertainment in the Los Angeles area. Featuring year round sunny and a vibrant and growing population just over the hill from the heart of Los Angeles and a short drive from the area's popular beaches, Van Nuys is an incredible place to live and visit. However, the city also sees a large number of DUIs and is part of a Los Angeles metropolitan area with a large police force and heavy investment in DUI patrols.
Attorney Ross Sobel has more than 25 years handling DUI cases in the Los Angeles and Van Nuys areas and has the expertise of the Van Nuys court and jail systems you need to get the best result in your case. Contact Ross today at 818-582-2350 for a free consultation to get on the right track to winning your case.
Van Nuys DUI Penalties
DUI penalties vary state to state and city to city, but the bottom line is penalties have become more and more expensive and arrests have been on the rise almost everywhere in the United States. There have been more than 8,000 across LA, with many taking place in Van Nuys, and that number is sure to keep growing as time goes on with millions of dollars coming in due to the steep financial penalties associated with DUIs.
Some of the most common penalties for a DUI include:
- A fine as high as $390 (for first time offense)
- Court fees which can total more than $1,000
- Jail terms of at least two days and as long as six months
- Probation and mandatory use of an ignition interlock device
- Mandatory attendance at DUI School, at your own expense, which can amount to more $500 and last from as long as nine months
- Loss of your license for at least four months
If it is a repeat offense within 10 years of the first offense, you may be a facing a one-year license suspension, more than a year in state prison, more than a year in mandatory DUI treatment and more than $15,000 in fines and fees.
How Can You Fight A DUI In Van Nuys?
Many people think DUI cases are impossible to win, but that is just not the case. A skilled DUI defense attorney, especially one experienced in the Van Nuys court and law enforcement system, can examine your case and find the issues which will give you a convincing defense.
Some of the most-convincing defenses a DUI attorney like Ross Sobel will use include:
- Challenge the chemical tests: An attorney can review the chemical tests administered by the officer to see if there were any malfunctions or mistakes which may have led to inaccurate results.
- Challenge the arresting officer: Many officers do not follow the state-required procedures and protocols during traffic stops and arrests. An attorney can go over how the stop or arrest was handled and point out any mistakes the officer may have made.
- Challenge the traffic stop/arrest: If you were stopped without probable cause or arrested before being read the Miranda Rights, there is a good chance your case will be dismissed.
At the Law Office of Ross H. Sobel, we have the experience and expertise needed to win a DUI case. Ross Sobel can help you if you are facing DUI charges in Van Nuys, or anywhere in the Los Angeles area. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us and receive your free legal consultation.
Call us at 818-582-2350 and we can get started on your case as soon as today.